Copy Editor 2017
The perfect candidate for this role would be someone looking to return to work and needing to get back into the swing of things, or a recent graduate looking for the work experience which will help them to get the job they are looking for. It also suits a whole host of other people, so if you like the look of it and you think it’s for you, do apply.
This role is part time 4 Sept – 22 Sept 2017 AND 30 Oct - 1 Nov and full time 25 Sept - 27 Oct.
This role involves proof reading and copy editing ALL of the promotional material, and Film Notes for the festival. There is also the opportunity to write copy. Work includes:
· Proof reading and correcting copy for the website.
· Proof reading and correcting copy for the brochure.
· Proof reading and correcting copy for Film Notes (one for each film, written by volunteers).
· Writing copy for all of the above.
- EITHER at least the 2nd year/3rd year of an undergraduate degree, OR a graduate OR with 2 years work experience
- Living in or very close to Bath, or somewhere to stay locally
- Intense attention to detail (slap-dash big thinkers need not apply!)
- Clear thinking, dynamic, intelligent, self-starter with good IT and creative skills
- Must be happy working in what can be an intense, high-octane environment
- Must have a ‘can do’, problem solving mind-set
Particular knowledge & experience required
- Excellent written English, advanced use of language and understanding of grammar, syntax and spelling.
- Good working knowledge of: Microsoft Office, Apple Mac computers.
- Good research skills.
- Confidence in producing attractive, organised and structured documents (written in excellent English).
- Good at creating and maintaining simple spreadsheets
- Able to work safely without presenting a direct threat to self or others.
- Able to work effectively to deadlines and cope calmly with demanding and/or stressful situations which might sometimes arise
- Good working knowledge of Photoshop and In Design
- Good working knowledge of WordPress
- An interest in and love of film
- Name of Placement’s Direct Line Manager/Supervisor: Holly Tarquini
Rate of Pay: unfortunately, we are unable to pay for this position. However, agreed expenses incurred while working will be paid, and you will also receive complimentary tickets for festival screenings and events.
Apply by sending your CV and a covering email to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 20 2017
Interviews in Central Bath on 29/30/31 Aug 2017
Job starts 4 Sept