The winner receives £1,000 to go towards their next film as well as £2,000 worth of hire kit from 180 Solutions/Visual Impact (UK filmmakers only). The winner will also receive an extremely rare and sought-after IMDb enamel badge and a page for their film on the IMDb website.
Cash Award Value: 1000 GBP
PLEASE do not ask for a fee waiver.
As we are a charity we cannot offer fee waivers to any filmmaker – no exceptions.
We source our own features.
1. Entry into Bath Film Festival IMDb New Filmmaker Award confirms each entrant’s acceptance of these rules and regulations.
2. Bath Film Festival IMDb New Filmmaker Award is open to filmmakers of any nationality from any country.
3. The entered film must not have been previously optioned, sold or produced.
4. The film will be rejected if the Director has previous films which have been distributed.
5. The film must be no less than 1 (one) minute and no more than 10 (ten) minutes screen time including credits.
6. Films of any genre will be considered and must be the original work of the person submitting it. Where the film is based upon another piece of work it is the responsibility of the Producer/s to obtain permission/copyright clearances from the original author.
7. Films based upon another work must be clearly marked as such.
8. Films must be submitted by the deadline, no late entries will be accepted unless agreed by prior arrangement.
9. Entering the competition constitutes permission to use the winners’ names and licenses for publicity and promotions without any additional compensation.
10. Multiple film entries are acceptable, but each entry must be made separately.
11. The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges. The decision of the judges will be final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
12. All entrants acknowledge that neither the judges nor the sponsors or any partners mentioned here or on any other publication will be held responsible for any and all disputes between you and the Bath Film Festival IMDb New Filmmaker Award .
13. All entrants acknowledge that the final winner will be expected to use the prize money to make their next film.
14. No cash alternatives to any of the prizes or additional payments shall be made.
15. The competition organisers reserve the right to reject any entry for any reason at their absolute discretion.
16. The organisers reserve the right to amend these rules and regulations at any time by notice on www.bathfilmfestival.org.uk.
NB: We only accept online submissions, no DVDs.
Release for submitted material:
This release is being accepted by you in connection with the material you wish the judges of Bath Film Festival IMDb New Filmmaker Award Competition to review.
You acknowledge that the film you are submitting may contain characters, concepts and other material similar to characters, concepts and other material which the judges of the competition or their partners are currently developing/producing or are considering developing/producing.
You agree that in consideration for their reviewing and perhaps discussing the submitted screenplay with you, you will not at any time assert or attempt any claim against Bath Film Festival IMDb New Filmmaker Award or any of the judges of the competition, sponsors, partners, or any other person connected with the competition with respect to any use of similar material in any project which is developed, produced, distributed, licensed or sold by all the above mentioned parties.
The judges agree to make a reasonable good faith effort to protect the confidentiality of any original material contained in the work.
You agree that should your film be the winner of this competition it will be shown at Bath Film Festival.
Please note, we ONLY accept online screeners. If you have trouble submitting (via Withoutabox), please send us a link and a password to your online screener (eg Vimeo).
To keep up to date with the IMDb New Filmmaker Award, sign up to our email newsletter.