In order to enter the FilmScore Competition, entrants must follow these Rules.
1) Any form or genre of sound or music is allowable.
2) The entry will consist of one composition, which is no longer than the running length of the film. The soundtrack can be less than the running length of the film, if the composer chooses.
3) All music and sound must be original, OR copyright free. NO copyright protected music may be used: any royalty free music composed by someone else included in a piece must be declared by way of a declaration form.
4) The composition must be the sole work of the individual / pair / group who have registered to compose for that film.
5) The registered composer/s may enlist additional performer/s to help record their composition, but their part/s must still be composed by those listed as the entrants for the competition.
6) The finished composition must be uploaded and returned to the BFF by the submission deadline (instructions will be emailed to everyone who has registered for FilmScore).
7) The registered composer MUST be at least 14 and under 19 on 1 December 2017. In the case of mixed age groups applying as a group entry, it is the age of the oldest participant which dictates the age group that the entry must be included in.
8) The candidate MUST have permission from a parent or guardian in order to enter the FilmScore competition.
9) The candidate/s agree/s to their photo being used in conjunction with FilmScore competition-related publicity.
10) The submitting candidate needs to live or be educated within the defined West of England area (ie Bristol, Bath and North East Somerset, Wiltshire, Gloucestershire, Devon, Dorset or Cornwall).
11) While the candidate retains the rights to the music, she/he may not screen any of the films anywhere.
12) Entrants agree to be bound by the rules of the competition.
13) By submitting an entry, the candidate AND the performers agree that the organisers reserve the right to play the musical entry in public
14) Bath Film Festival, FilmScore and its organisers will not accept any responsibility for loss of submissions. It is up to the candidate to ensure their entry has arrived safely by way of upload or registered post.
15) The judges’ decision is final.
If any of these rules are broken, the entrant will be disqualified and their composition will not be entered into the competition.
If you have any questions, please have a look at our FAQs page.